- One student ("It") leaves the class.
- Another student hides an object in the room so that everyone else could see where it is.
- When the first student ("It") comes back he/she needs to find the hidden object. The class actively helps the seeker by calling out "COLD" if the seeker is far from the object. If he/she starts moving in the right direction, the class starts shouting "WARM", "WARMER".
- Finally, when the seeker is really close to the hidden object, students shout, "HOT, HOT, HOT".
- a small object that can be hidden easily, such as an eraser or a pencil sharpener