- "It" goes to the front of the class and turns his back to the rest of the students.
- Students (one at a time) greet "It" by saying, for example, "Good morning, Ann!"
- "It" has to guess who is greeting her/him and reply, "Good morning, Tom!".
- If "It" guesses the name of the greeting him/her student correctly, then that student becomes "It" and the game starts over again.
This game can be modified for intermediate students. Instead of greetings, students can expand their conversations:
- It is a nice day today, isn't it, Ann? - Yes, it is, Michael.
- Have you done your homework, Ann? - Yes, I have, Tanya.
- Dogs make good pets, don't they, Ann? - Yes, they do, Mario.